G.A.P. stands for Good Agricultural Practice –and GLOBALG.A.P. is the worldwide certification that assures it.
GLOBALG.A.P. is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to encouraging excellence in safe and sustainable food production
Short description of important issues due to certification:
All Farm Standard:
- Planning and management of areas: identification and risk assessment of every field.
- Employee’s health, security and welfare: Workplace assessment, first aid and equipment.
- Waste management: Plan to secure handling of different kinds of waste.
- Environment and Nature: description of the company’s attitude towards nature and environment.
Crop Base Standard:
- Traceability: registered products are to be traced from farm to customer
- Story of the fields: documentation and records of crop on every area.
- Management of land: soil maps and cultivation techniques.
- Addition of fertilizer: g management and registration of fertilizer, supplies and plans for fertilizer, storage of fertilizer.
- Irrigation and fertigation method: irrigation permits, quality of water, irrigation method.
- Integrated pest management: knowledge of predators.
- Plant protection products: spray plans, registration of spraying and storage of chemicals.
- Equipment: documentation due to calibration of equipment.
Flowers and Ornamentals Standard:
- Order Confirmation with agreement of quality etc. Agreement with customer.
- Soil and Substrates: Documentation of sphagnum quality and origin
- Use of fertilizer:Measurements of fertilizer in relation to the plant’s needs
- Storage of fertilizer: Storage of acid to fertilizer use.
- Use of chemicals: Only chemical accepted in Denmark will be used.
- Harvesting of products: Handling of products during harvesting, and conditions of hygiene.